Who Defines Me?

Who Defines Me?

Stepping back
Gazing within
Reevaluating
Who I am

Honesty.

But maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

I may not be what I see
Oh, to step out side of me.

Living
Not in who I was
Or am
But what I could be.

Constantly rising
I aspire to be
Growing
Living

Let my dreams define me.
No, let God's dreams define me.

For they are...

High
And
Wide
And
Deep

We define ourselves
By what we believe about ourselves.

So, whom do we believe
The perceptions of others
And ourselves often deceive.

But God, who knows us
And all that we could be.
Sees past the limits of others
Past our hurts and thoughts
Sees past our doubt and fears
Past what we see.

To the heights that we could soar
To the mountains we could climb
To our greatest potential
His dreams for us are divine.

So,
I'm redefining
The me I see
I'm looking deeper
Then the thoughts inside of me.

by ELL




No comments: